Motor Rhythms

Motor Rhythms

January 9, 2011

Ear to the Ground

I wanted this to be one of the first posts on this blog, but it has taken until now to find the 'Ear to the Ground' video. First of all I need to give credit to my wife and our friend Liz for finding this video on YouTube. I had been looking for it for several months now.

I first saw part of this video, by David Van Tieghem, on Sesame Street when I was a little kid. It has stuck with me till now. If I were to point at one reason as to why in the fifth grade I wanted to play the drums, this would be it. It is also a big part of the reason I started this blog and the Motor Rhythms project.

David Van Tieghem is a percussionist, composer, and performer. Visit his website with the link below, and check out his other videos on YouTube.



Watch the 'Ear to the Ground' video below. This video was filmed in 1981, on the streets of New York City.







No comments:

Post a Comment