Motor Rhythms

Motor Rhythms

July 11, 2010

First Post

This blog will chronicle my attempt to create a functioning drum/percussion set up with only scrap car parts. I have been an auto mechanic for 11 years and a drummer for 17 years. It was a natural progression for me to combine something I do everyday with something I don't get to do as much as I would like. So far I have a pair of flywheel hi-hats, a full octave of pulley bells, oil trap wood blocks, and I am currently working on a washer fluid reservoir drum. This is a slow process, but part of the fun is not knowing what I might get in the shop this week, and how I might be able to use it. Once I have enough instruments completed I plan to compose and record some music. I would also like to re-create the music live in such a way that would allow the audience to participate and be part of the creative process.
I will be posting on each individual instrument as I finish them.

Feel free to let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions.

jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment